Suhy Sibs

Suhy Sibs
TigerTom's 30th Birthday

Friday, February 13, 2009

VACASH

Today is the first day of my February break from school!! Why don't they call it VACATION?

I am on cloud nine-- as I load up three bookbags full of student work to grade, lessons to plan, reading plans to think through and fill in...

I am on cloud nine-- as I pick up my children from three different locations around the state and drive to Friendly's(the kid-magnet restaurant that adults HATE)...

I am on cloud nine-- as I organize my calendar with my week ahead: doctor visits, time with those I never see, SEX (no more excuses there), play-dates, and time PLAYING with my kids(not just feeding, soothing, bathing, guiding (aka-yelling) and rocking)...

They don't call it vacation because it is not vacation. It is simply bait for all those confused college kids who don't know what to do with their lives. "Be a teacher- You get so many vacations!!" What a joke.

Am I glad to be on February break? Yes. But come on people. Let's call a spade a spade...it is NOT a vacation. Stop lying to people about all the "time off" teachers have. It is not time off. It is simply time to work at home to catch up on all the shit a teacher cannot get to because they are busy trying to TEACH!

I
love being a teacher but why did I think that I was going to have a normal job with good hours? Why can't I be on a beautiful island, looking at the vast, mysterious ocean, holding a bucket in my underwear?
Signed,
CaliFORnia 4

PS. The reason you are fond of sharp pencils is because you are a teacher!!

3 comments:

  1. awesome pic. vacaysh SUX when you have kids and you are sitting in your house. im so bummed that willow will not be going to school this week!!! lame. i am on cloud nine when she GETS THE F&$% OUT OF MY HOUSE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on cloud nine because you're blogging! Next stop...Facebook.

    Love the "holding a bucket in my underwear" line.

    Miss you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete